Upon successful completion of this program, students will:
- Be proficient in performing the full range of clinical laboratory tests in areas such as hematology, clinical chemistry, immunohematology, microbiology, serology/immunology, coagulation, urinalysis, molecular, and other emerging diagnostics.
- Be able to participate in the development and evaluation of test systems and interpretive algorithms, hold diverse.
- Responsibilities in areas of analysis and clinical decision-making, regulatory compliance with applicable regulations, education, and quality assurance/performance improvement wherever laboratory testing is researched, developed or performed.
- Possess basic knowledge, skills, and relevant experiences in consultative interactions with members of the healthcare team, external relations, customer service and patient education; financial, operations, marketing, and human resource management; information management, and; research design/practice sufficient to evaluate published studies as an informed consumer.
- Be proficient in maintaining necessary operations for the general functions of the clinical laboratory, including specimen collection.
Earning a degree in clinical laboratory science opens doors to a wide variety of career opportunities. The majority of graduates sit for the national certification examination that grants the credentials of medical laboratory scientist, or MLS. Formerly known as a clinical laboratory scientist or medical technologist, the MLS is a “disease detective,” helping to pinpoint the cause of disease through the examination and analysis of blood, tissue and other body fluids.
Specialty areas of laboratory science include clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services, clinical immunology, clinical microbiology and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics. In high demand, clinical laboratory science offers rapid advancement, multiple employment opportunities, and a competitive salary. It’s a great career opportunity!
Interested in this programme — click the application button below to proceed with your application.