The Three Different Programs that Caregiver can Obtain a Permanent Residence Visa
A caregiver can apply for a permanent residency if he/she has been in Canada for two years or more on a temporary work permit. You need to fulfil certain requirements before applying for a permanent residency in Canada. There are three different programs through which you can obtain a Permanent residence in Canada.
As a caregiver, you need to submit documents which prove that you have 24 months of full-time employment with a live-in status. You also need to acquire the work experience certificate within 4 years of your arrival in the country.
Permanent Residence Through Caring for Children Program
If you have experience as a caregiver – Caring for children program, that can qualify you to apply for permanent residency in Canada. You can know if you are eligible to apply for Permanent residence in the following ways.
- As a child care provider, you must have cared for children below the age of 18 years at your employer’s home or your own home.
- Applicants must have two years of full-time work experience in Canada
- A job description must be fulfilled
- Non-eligibility of foster parents
- Work experience during the study period is not applicable.
- A child care provider must have a minimum one-year post-secondary degree in Canada
- Any other diploma certificate or foreign degree
- ECA from Canadian approved organization
- Canadian Language Benchmark Level 5 in English or French-speaking
- Original language test results that are less than 2 years old.
If you are inadmissible to Canada due to the following reasons such as
- Violation of human rights
- Any other form of criminal activity
Then you are not eligible to apply through this stream of the program.
PR Through Caring For People With Medical Requirements
- Practical nurses with a license
- Home support workers
- Nurses and psychiatric nurses who are registered
- Work experience which includes paid work of two years of full-time work experience in Canada
- License to practice in Canada
- A minimum of one-year Post-secondary degree from Canada
- ECA from Canadian approved organization
- Diploma or foreign equivalent
The program also includes language ability and admissibility test at the time of PR application.
PR through the Live-in Caretaker program
This program is currently still under review as the government has halted all applications under this program. But there are still caregivers in Canada under this program.
How To Apply For The Live-In Caregiver Visa Program
To be eligible for the Live-In Caregiver visa program in Canada, applicants must possess the following requirements. you must:
- You must provide a written contract with your Canadian employer, signed by you and your employer;
- Possess at least a Canadian high school education certificate or its equivalent;
- Possess six months’ training or one year of full-time paid work experience as a caregiver or in a related field in the past three years.
- Must provide references and/or recommendations from previous employers;
- Have a work permit before you enter Canada;
- Positive Labour Market Opinion (LMO).
Note that your employer must also receive a positive Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from HRSDC/SC before you can be hired.
Age Limit For A Caregiver In Canada
Is there an age limit for a Caregiver in Canada? If the woman is 65 years of age will she be approved? Mostly, these are the common questions asked by applicants for caregiver programs. If you will check through the guidelines from the CIC website, the following requirements are listed to be eligible:
- A job offer letter from a Canadian employer. [A positive labour market opinion from Human Resource and Social Development Canada (HRSDC)].
- A written contract between you and your future employer.
- Successful completion of the equivalent standard of Canadian secondary school.
- A minimum of six months’ training, or a minimum of one year of full-time experience during the past three years. It should be at least six months of twenty-five hours per week in classroom lectures have been completed as part of formal education.]
- Good knowledge of English or French
- You must have a work permit before you enter Canada
So nothing was mentioned about the age limit requirement for Live in caregiver. The employers normally decide on the age of the worker they want to employ. However, one must be realistic. You can’t expect that a 50-year-old Live in caregiver applicant to take care of an elderly will get approval from the Visa Office.)