Working as a Nurse in New Zealand:
Qualified nurses have many opportunities in New Zealand. To work in New Zealand, overseas nurses should become qualified enough to meet the New Zealand standards and to register with New Zealand nursing board. We are one of the pioneer Consultancy in Nigeria offering placement for different nursing programs leading to New Zealand nursing registration and job opportunities
- By successfully completing Competency Assessment Program (Adaptation Program).
- By enrolling a New Zealand University for a Nursing Degree where they may be granted some credit for previous study.
Competency Assessment Program (Job for Diploma/ B.Sc. Nurses with IELTS 7)
- This includes two steps, Initial Registration from the Nurses council of New Zealand and Competency Assessment Program
- It is an initial process to obtain Nursing Board Registration in New Zealand. Any overseas Nurse with a three year Diploma or Degree in nursing with 6 months or above experience with registration in any State Nursing Board in Nigeria with an IELTS Academic Seven band (Speaking-7, Writing-7, Reading-7 and Listening-7) or OET B in each module is eligible for Registration if the following documents are submitted. (From 1 August 2008, a score of at least 7.0 in each band of an IELTS may be gained over more than one sitting, but must be completed within twelve calendar months of the first sitting of the test)
- Duly filled NZ Nursing Council Application Form & Application Fee NZD : 485 in the name of Nursing Council of New Zealand
- A Reference form by NZ Nursing Council to be filled and sent to NZ Nursing Council by the college/school of nursing where you have studied signed along with your transcript signed by the principal.
- A reference form by NZ Nursing Council to be filled and sent to NZ Nursing Council from the board of your current Nursing Registration.
- Original IELTS result to be sent by the Testing Centre to the Nursing Council of New Zealand
- Original Police Clearance Certificate from the Passport Office
- Last employment Professional References from the Senior Nurse and Nursing Supernatant on original letterhead including the workplace contact details
- The original of one character reference from a person who has known the applicant for at least two years who is not a family member.
- Passport size photograph (2 numbers)
- Curriculum vitae (bio-data) showing work experience from the completion of course (if any gap in CV reasons of gap should be mentioned in CV).
- Copy of Experience letter from present employer and previous employers
- Copy of initial and current nursing registration certificate/license
- Copy of nursing, degree/ diploma certificates, mark sheets, transcripts and course completion certificate.
- Copies of 10th and Plus Two certificates and mark sheets.
- Copy of IELTS /OET Certificate.
- Copy of marriage certificate (optional)
- Copy of birth certificate (optional)
- Copy of passport
Competence Assessment Program
Based on the initial registration, nurses will get admission to this program. This course is conducted for Overseas Nursing Professionals to qualify with New Zealand standards that train overseas nurses to adapt to the nursing policies of New Zealand. This is a 45-60 days course conducted by Universities/polytechnics in New Zealand and those who successfully complete this course will get New Zealand Nursing Council Registration and thus these candidates are eligible to work and immigrate to New Zealand. During this training period, nurses will not be paid. MedicalTravel.ng will assist candidates to get admission in the program and visa processing.