Aspire to be a doctor? Pursue MEDICAL Courses in Australia.
Medical science is one of the most valuable and sought after career for those interested in science. There is immense scope for medicine as a professional career. It is a very challenging profession and requires utmost patience to excel and also takes a lot more time than other career options as specialization is recommended post MBBS degree.
Medicine is a broad field there are vast career options such as Paediatrics, Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Cardiology, Dermatology, anaesthesiology and many others. Also, other systems of medicine like Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Unani, and Dentistry & Veterinary Science are also fast emerging fields with excellent career opportunities. Medical Science courses are offered at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate levels.
SCOPE OF A MEDICAL COURSE IN AUSTRALIA
Aspire to be a doctor? Wish to pursue Medicine from Australia? Go ahead as Medical study (medicine and dentistry) in Australia has excellent reputation and most rigorous training programmes in the world. Australian Medical qualifications are recognized in most countries in the world. Australia houses some of the world’s leading universities that offer high-quality education and a promise of lucrative jobs, good quality of living and favorable weather.
TYPES OF MEDICAL COURSES
- Veterinary Medicine
- General Medicine/MBBS
- Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of science and health
- Bachelor of surgery
BEST UNIVERSITY FOR MEDICAL IN AUSTRALIA
- The Australian National University
- Medical School (ANUMS)
- University of Sydney
- University of Melbourne
- Monash University
- University of New South Wales
- Flinders University
- University of Queensland
- University of Adelaide
- James Cook University Medical School
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR MEDICAL IN AUSTRALIA
- In Australia typically, admission to medical schools is based on the GPA, GAMSAT, and essays, or a personal interview.
- There are two types of medical programs in Australia:
- Undergraduate Entry: You can apply to an undergraduate medical program directly from Secondary/High School. The programs are of five or six years’ duration.
- Graduate Entry: If you have already completed a bachelor’s degree, then you are eligible for graduate-entry medicine programs. The programs are of four years duration, two of which are devoted to clinical training.
- Also, International applicants can apply directly or through a reliable third party provider to universities. For admission, they must take either the GAMSAT (General Australian Medical Standard Aptitude Test) or the MCAT (Medical College Admission Test). Also IELTS score of 6.0 is required.
Career options and in terms of salary are much higher in this profession but once you complete your overall education as becoming a doctor took lot of years. After completion of a graduation or a post-graduation, students can work in hospitals, have their own clinics, surgeon, radiologist, dentist, and physiotherapist also can work in public health administration as well.