MBBS in Ukraine for International Students
Ukraine is a country that is located in Eastern Europe. It is the second-largest country on the European continent, after Russia. Ukraine shares a border with Russia, Belarus, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, and Moldova. It is one of the most scenic states in Europe and is ranked at 4th on the list of European states producing the most number of postgraduate students in the field of medical sciences. In recent years, the country has increasingly garnered attention from international students, who prefer to study in Ukraine for its quality of medical education, affordability, and modern lifestyle. Successive governments of Ukraine in the post-soviet era have paid particular attention to the educational infrastructure of the country. Today, there are multiple governmental medical colleges and universities in Ukraine that offer international quality education, which pars the educational standards of any other European state. Moreover, most of these colleges and universities are recognized by intergovernmental organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and UNESCO that allows the graduates from Ukraine to practice medicine in any other part of the world, including the USA, Canada, and Australia.
Application Process for Doing MBBS in Ukraine:
Studying in a medical university and getting high-quality medical education is a dream for many young bright minds across the globe. Yet, unfortunately, many of those aspiring students don’t get a chance to realize that dream for reasons such as lack of access to medical universities in their homeland; failure to get competitive scores on standardized tests such as IELTS, TOEFEL, or MDCAT; or lack of financial resources. Fortunately, Ukraine has made it extremely easy for international students to acquire quality medical education at highly affordable prices.
The application process to get admission in a medical university in Ukraine is very simple. No standardized test is required to study MBBS in Ukraine. The admission committee only considers the 12th class transcript to give their decisions. Students are however required to have decent grades in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 12th grade to be certain of getting admission in a medical university in Ukraine. Also, international students might just have to go through an interview to get admitted.
The eligibility criterion to get admission in MBBS in Ukraine is as follows:
- The candidate shall be above 17 years of age at the time of applying to medical universities.
- The candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 12th standard from a recognized board of examination.
Moreover, once a student has secured an admission letter from a medical university in Ukraine, he/she can then apply for Visa to Ukraine. The visa process is simple and issuance of visa is certain. The next step is to pack your bags and head on to live your dream of studying in an international medical university.
Is Studying MBBS in Ukraine a Good Idea?
Ukraine might not be the first place that comes to your mind when you think of getting your MBBS. Yet, increasingly, the country is getting more and more attention from international students across the globe for multiple reasons. Some of the most pertinent reasons for why students are heading to Ukraine are discussed as follows;
- Firstly, most of the medical schools in Ukraine are internationally recognized. Many intergovernmental organization such as WHO, UNESCO, as well as medical boards of other countries such as MCI (Medical Council of India), USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination), MCC (Medical Council of Canada), PMDC (Pakistan Medical and Dental Council), PLAB (Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board) in the UK, SCHS (Saudi Commission for Health Specialties), HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa) recognize Ukrainian medical schools, and graduates from these schools and getting MBBS in Ukraine are welcomed to practice medicine in the recognizing countries.
- Secondly, the cost of studying and living in Ukraine is quite affordable. International students can study and live in Ukraine for as low as $4500 per year. This makes Ukraine highly attractive, given its high standards of education that par the educational standards of any other European country.
- Thirdly, almost all the medical schools in Ukraine offer English as the medium of instruction. So, international students do not have to face language barriers and they can easily pursue their higher education. Besides, international students have the opportunity to learn Ukrainian language in the first two years of their MBBS to be able to interact with the patients in Ukrainian hospitals, in case they want to practice medicine in Ukraine.
- Fourthly, most medical schools in Ukraine offer high-quality campus facilities to their students. Also, students studying MBBS in Ukraine get many opportunities during their academic years to go on exchange programs, attend international conferences, and participate in various research projects. All this helps them become more competitive and creates opportunities for them to excel in the fields of medicine.
Average Tuition Fees and Other Costs:
MBBS in Ukraine is a 5.8 years degree program, which also includes a certain period for internship. The average tuition fee for almost six years of medical education in Ukraine varies from university to university. However, the range of total tuition lays somewhere from US$21000 to US$28000. Apart from tuition, if one were to add accommodation costs, travel costs, health costs, etc., then the overall cost of getting six-year MBBS degree in Ukraine could range from US$30,000 to US$42000, depending on multiple factors such as the university, personal preferences for accommodation, travel, etc.
As a final word, Ukraine is a brilliant place to study medicine, especially because of its offering high affordability for a high quality of education and lifestyle. Besides, the country offers spectacular natural beauty and its climatic conditions are easily adaptable. Also, the government is extremely supportive of developing high standards in education. It is a growing economy; rich in resources and infrastructure, and its people are generally very health conscious. As a result, Ukraine offers a unique opportunity to prospective medical students to not only acquire high-quality medical education but also to establish themselves as successful doctors, dentists, or other types of medical professionals.