Meet one of the richest doctors in Nigeria- Dr. Godwin Maduka
Today I choose to bring to you one of the richest doctors in Nigeria and probably one of the richest doctors in United States. His name is Dr. Godwin Maduka. Why I choose this topic for today is because Dr Godwin is a philanthropist who has helped the society here in Nigeria a lot. Well here is a little news about one of the richest doctors, a Nigerian making waves in the world.
A little biography of the richest doctor in Nigeria Dr Godwin
Meet Dr. Godwin Maduka, the man behind the edifice which is to become Africa’s first medical research hub:
- Dr. Godwin Maduka, 56, hails from Umuchukwu (formerly Nkerechi) in Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra state.
- He received his Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry in 1984 from Rust College. He gained his Doctor of Pharmacy from Mercer University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in 1988. Dr. Godwin Maduka earned his Doctor of Medicine in 1993 from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, where he also completed an internship. Dr. Godwin Maduka completed his residency and post-graduate training at Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
- He is the Owner/CEO and Medical Director of the Las Vegas Pain Institute & Medical Center, the largest pain treatment center in Nevada.
- Dr. Godwin Maduka’s specialties include chronic and acute pain management, anesthesiology, and interventional pain management.
- He is also a Clinical Faculty Supervisor of Pain Management/Anesthesiology at Touro University Nevada’s College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- He was certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology in 1998 and fulfills the role of Medical Doctor for the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners.
- Dr. Godwin Maduka is a member of the Nevada State Society of Anesthesiologists, the American Pharmacists Association, and the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
- He is a philanthropist and has transformed Umuchukwu Community in Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra state to a modern city. He built over 100 houses for widows and poor in Umuchukwu town. He also built both primary and secondary schools, a Medical Centre, a Police Station, churches, community and Civic Centre, village hall, Igwe’s palace, State High Court in his community among others.
Edifice Dr Godwin built
The edifice, which is expected to be equipped with state-of-the-art facilities in medical science, will be the first of its kind in Africa. It will also be used to assist students in clinical training and provide resource materials for lecturers and researchers. According to the Sun newspaper, when the building is done it will also serve as the temporary site for the Anambra state University, College of Medicine.
“I am living the American dream and I’m doing all I can through philanthropy to help the people where I came from living a better life. It is so small that most everybody there is either related by blood or marriage,” Dr. Godwin Maduka told Las Vegas review Journal at his Henderson branch office.
According to Clark County records, Maduka bought seven residential properties in Nevada for more than $7 million and spent nearly $4 million on the two buildings that house the Las Vegas Pain Institute, where he employs 80 people.
Dr Godwin being one of the richest doctors in Nigeria is no fluke, looking at his numerous contributions to the society both here in Nigeria and in Nevada Us, he is richly blessed in the heart as well. Be like Dr Godwin, use your resources for the good of others.