Why Study Medicine In Europe Vs. USA?
Becoming a medical practitioner is maybe the most popular career goal that many have, way before even reaching high school. Future doctors nurture their passion for helping others and start studying Medicine before applying for a medical school.
Medicine is also a versatile field that can be studied anywhere in the world, so you have a variety of choices at your disposal. This is why it may sound easy to choose a medical school abroad. However, since it’s a decision that might change your life, it needs to be well planned in advance.
If you narrow your research for medical schools to Europe, you have plenty of options which include different teaching styles, cultures and, sometimes, entry requirements. Now you just have to look closer to your option and find the right destination country.
In order to make this process easier for you, we’ve compiled rankings of medical schools in Europe, developed by the leading websites in the field of excellence in higher education (Times Higher Education and QS Ranking).
Why study Medicine in Europe vs. USA?
We all know that there are differences in teaching between Europe and other areas on the globe. Here are some distinctions between Medicine studies in continental Europe and the USA:
• Simple Application procedure in Europe with guaranteed admission with your O’Level Result alone.
• The study usually lasts a total of six years, while in the USA the academic period lasts for four years.
• Including the training, the total period before you may begin your career in Europe lasts for 6.5 – 7 years, while in the USA you are considered trained after 10 years.
• Tuition fees are usually lower in Europe for graduate studies in Medicine. These are around $3,600 – $9,000 in Europe. In the USA you will pay 140,000 – 240,000 USD.
• Entry requirements in Europe usually don’t involve exams such as the MCAT, which usually requires 1 – 2 years of preparation.
Interested in studying Medicine or other medical program abroad — kindly contact the MedicalTravel.ng team for proper guidance, counseling and application processing to affordable medical schools in Europe. Gods best in your career